woensdag 25 april 2012

WAW Rejoice

Vandaag hebben we een bijbelgedeelte van Hebreeen 13:15
Today we have a scripture from Hebrews 13:15.


Het eerste wat me opviel was het woord  'opofferen'. En in eerste instantie kan ik me voorstellen dat het lijkt of je dingen moet opgeven. Want dat is wat het wood inhoud, naar mijn mening. Maar toen las ik dit bijbelgedeelte nog een keer. En toen voel me op we God danken door de lof die we geven. En Hallelujah, we hebben zoveel om dankbaar voor te zijn. Vaak zien we die kleine zegeningen van God niet. Denk eens aan het gezegde: wie het kleine niet eert, is het grote niet weerd.

The first thing I noticed was the word  'sacrifice'. And at first I can imagine that it looks like you have to give up things. Because, that's what that word means in my opinion. But then I read the scripture again. And then I noticed that the praise we give is to give thanks to God. And Hallelujah, we have so much to be thankful for. Most of the time we don't see the little blessings God gives us. Think about the saying: He that can not keep a penny shall never have many. 




Dat kwam gelijk in me op. Als je de kleine dingen niet kan waarderen, dan waardeer je ook niet de grote dingen die God voor je doet.
Kijk eens naar buiten, naar de bomen, de bloemen, hoor de vogels zingen. Denk eens aan de lucht die we inademen, en hoe ons lichaam uit zichzelf ademt.
Wat ik probeer te zeggen is: Dank God voor alles wat Hij doet. Zelfs als je de vele zegeningen niet ziet die Hij in je leven geeft. Dank Hem voor elke nieuwe dag, als je wakker word. Dank Hem voor het eten dat je eet, voor de vrienden en familie die Hij om je heen geplaatst heeft. Dank Hem voor Zijn grote liefde voor jou. En ook als je je somber of down voelt, begin met God te prijzen. Ik weet dat het makkelijker gezegd is dan gedaan. Maar ik weet dat als je je somber voelt, dat je er dan geen zin in hebt om God te prijzen. Maar als je dat toch doet, zelfs als doe je het in het begin met tegenzin, dan zul je merken dat je lofprijs groter zal worden en je Gods aanwezigheid zult voelen.


That came in my mind immediately. So when you can't appreciate the little things, you can never appreciate the big things God does for you.
Just look outside, look at the trees, flowers, hear the birds sing. Think of the air we breath, how our bodies breath at his own. 
What I mean to say is: give thanks to God for everything He does. Even if you don't see the many blessings He does in your life. Thank Him for a new day, when you wake up. Thank Him for the food you eat, for the friends and family he puts around you. Give Him praise for His great love for you. And even when you feel down, begin to praise His Holy name. I know it's easy said then done. But I know that when you feel down, you don't want to give praise or thank God. But when you do, even if you do it a bit reluctant, you will notice how the praise swells in your heart and you will feel Gods presence. 


Nou, ik denk dat mijn boodschap wel duidelijk is :-)
Dan laat ik nu jullie mijn Art Journaling pagina zien. Met daaronder ook weer een filmpje.

Well, I think my message is clear now :-)
So here is my Art Jouranling page. And a video too.





4 opmerkingen:

Becky zei

what a wonderful and colorful creation.

Karen Letchworth zei

Thank you for sharing your beautiful art with us at Word Art Wednesday, Wendy. I pray that God will bless your week.
Karen

Mynn xx zei

What a fabulous way to look at this verse! I ADORE your saying about the penny--and it's so true! I try to be thankful for the little things each day, and this is the perfect reminder. And I LOVE your gorgeous journal page! Thanks, Wendy! :)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA zei

I love the depth of your background and how the vibrant cross jumps out at you. I thank God for the sense of vision, without which I could not appreciate your artwork. Blessings!